The next level of leadership for the commercial operations of Bayer Crop Science in Africa was announced recently with appointments effective from 1 July. “The new team will take the lead in bringing best-in-class innovation and sustainable solutions to our customers across Africa,” said Klaus Eckstein, Africa cluster division head.
The team is:
- Kobus Steenekamp, currently Monsanto commercial operations lead South Africa, will be appointed country commercial lead South Africa, based in South Africa.
- Pieter Smit, currently Monsanto marketing and product management lead for Africa, will be appointed head of customer marketing Africa, based in South Africa.
- Stephen Nel, currently Bayer head of external sales South Africa, will be appointed head of market development Africa and small farmers, based in South Africa.
- Mamati Tembe, currently Bayer country commercial lead (CCL), southern African countries, will remain in her position, based in South Africa.
- Laurent Perrier, currently senior Bayer representative (SBR) North Africa and country division head North West Central Africa, will be appointed SBR and CCL East Africa, based in Kenya.
- Laurent Perez, currently Bayer CCL West Central Africa, will remain in his position, based in Ivory Coast. – Press release