The avocado season is in full swing in South Africa and the South African Avocado Growers’ Association recently hosted their annual launch to celebrate the new season. They also shared many exciting new recipes that we will be sharing in our Farm Fare section in the coming months. Today’s recipe falls in with the hottest (or coolest) food trend for 2019, namely plant-based iced treats. Avocado and wasabi is a classic combo. Have fun trying the recipe below which serves four to six people.
- Avocados, peeled and chopped
- 100ml plain yoghurt, can substitute with coconut yoghurt/milk for vegans
- 15 ml Wasabi, or more to taste
- 100g Wasabi peas, crushed
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and pourable. Add a few teaspoons of cold water if necessary.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and decorate the tops with crushed wasabi peas.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Push out of the mould and keep chilled until ready to eat.
If you want to read more about the agro-processing of subtropical fruit such as avocados click here.