It is finally berry season! Hopefully berries will be a bit more affordable now that the season has started in South Africa. With the weather also improving we thought we would share a farm fare recipe for making your own popsicles to cool down with. We used raspberries, but you can also use gooseberries, blueberries or strawberries, all of which will be available in stores this time of year.
300-350g fresh or frozen raspberries
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
2 ¼ cups yogurt
¼ cup cream
Ice pop moulds
- Combine the raspberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the yogurt mix by combining the sugar, yogurt, and cream in a large bowl.
- Whisk the mixture until all the sugar dissolves completely.
- Mash the raspberries and add them to the yogurt mixture. Fold the raspberries in for a marbled effect.
- Pour the mixture into the ice pop moulds. Cover moulds and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from moulds and serve immediately. –Ursula Human, Farm fare