In a recent in-depth article published by AgriOrbit called ‘Agroprocessing of marine products’, there is much to learn about how to get a freshly caught fish ready for your plate. This week’s Farm Fare recipe is a Mediterranean baked fish we have used courtesy of I & J. It’s a recipe that will breathe life into your favourite fish fillets. Click here for more recipes from I & J.
4 I & J Deep Water Hake Fillets
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
2 tbs olive oil
1 tin chopped, peeled tomatoes
4 soft sundried tomato quarters in dressing, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
12 black Kalamata olives (approximately 1/3 cup)
fresh basil (approximately 15 g), chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and fry the onions over a low heat until soft, for about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper and gently cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes plus half a tin of water (use this to rinse out all the tomato juice in the tin) and the oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add the olives, sundried tomatoes and chopped basil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the sauce with the lid on over a gentle heat for about 20 minutes until it has thickened. If necessary, add a splash of water to the pan to loosen.
- Place the I & J Deep Water Hake Fillets in the sauce and bake in the oven with the lid on for 25 minutes. –Ursula Human, Farm Fare