It might not be summer, but avocados are in season and most South Africans might be needing a cocktail this long weekend. If you are lucky enough to still have alcohol during lockdown, try this recipe for avocado margarita that SAAGA shared with us.
½ avocado, flesh scooped and pureed
3 shots (90ml) tequila
2 shots (60ml) triple sec
1 ½ shots (45ml) lime juice, plus extra for rims
Pinch of salt, plus extra to rim glasses
1 small bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Extra coriander sprigs, for garnish
Lime slices, for garnish
1 cup ice cubes, plus extra for serving
- Dip top rim of glasses into lime juice and then into salt to rim the edges.
- Place avocado, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, salt, chopped coriander leaves and a cup of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well until avocado is completely blended and creamy.
- Fill tumblers with ice cubes. Strain the cocktail over the ice into the two glasses.
- To serve: garnish with coriander sprigs and a lime slice. – Press release, SAAGA