Good insurance covers you when the unexpected happens. Great insurance not only covers your loss, it can also set you (and your dependents) up for a better future.
Ask the experts
Hollard’s short-term and life insurance products have been formulated by experts in their respective fields, people who know you and understand your insurance needs.
What’s more, our experts aren’t simply voices at the end of a telephone line. They’re all over South Africa, in your region, where they understand your particular circumstances, and they can help tailor appropriate and proper cover that suits you best.
At your service
We believe passionately in our local-is-lekker approach, and being able to look you in the eye as we shake your hand. Because we’re old-fashioned that way.
Complementing our expert teams are insurance brokers: the independent people who know you best, offer you the best advice, arrange the best cover for you, and act on your behalf when you need to submit a claim. Hollard’s business model is based on the use of brokers, because there’s still no substitute for great service and advice that you can rely on. We’re old-fashioned that way, too.
We love brokers so much that we’ve launched #LongLiveTheBroker, a multi-year campaign to raise awareness of the very important work they do in keeping the wheels of our economy turning, by ensuring that you and your business are properly covered for when the worst happens.
And local is lekker, no matter where you are. Our Hollard way of doing business is so successful, that we’ve implemented it in all 18 countries where we operate. Like a South African export orange, it’s sought after, first-class – and good for you.
Tailormade solutions just for you
Hollard Insure’s specialist agri team is a bit like a farmer: we make a plan, and we come up with practical solutions. We make decisions that are right, and not only because they make commercial sense.
Our insurance products are meaningful and practical for the modern farmer, and we couple them with our local-is-lekker approach: different parts of South Africa experience widely different agricultural conditions, realities and needs, and we offer localised advice along with our specialist insurance products.
On home soil
That means our expert brokers come to you. No call centres, no distant relationships, no assessing of claims by someone you’ve never met. Our brokers come to your gate, and tread on your soil – they understand that agriculture is so much more than a piece of land and a farm gate.
Whether you’re a start-up, commercial or corporate farmer, we appreciate your direct contribution to the success of our economy, as well as the risks you face. We’re here to help you overcome those risks and reap the rewards of your hard work.
Our Agri, Trucking and Life insurance products are just some of the expert offerings available to you. At Hollard Insure, our short-term insurance division, we have specialist teams for just about anything you may want to insure, including the following:
- Accident and Health: group personal accident cover for death, permanent disability, and temporary total and/or partial disability
- Commercial: user-friendly, affordable cover for businesses of all sizes, across most industry types
- Construction and Engineering: covers for building and engineering projects of any size
- Corporate: insurance covers for companies with significant asset values, including in mining, energy, manufacturing, financial services, technology, communication, real estate, retail and others
- Film Guarantors: insuring investors in South African movies or international co-productions against non-delivery and production delays
- Hospitality and Tourism: insurance that meets the unique needs of tourism businesses, from accommodation establishments to game parks and more
- Marine: covering the risks associated with the movement of cargo by all modes of transportation, both locally and internationally, as well as private pleasure craft and commercial hull insurance
- Personal: a range of personal insurance covers, with an array of add-ons
- Risk Finance: innovative risk finance solutions as alternatives to conventional insurance
- Trade and Construction Guarantees: catering for the logistics, clearing, freight-forwarding and construction industries
- Trade Credit: innovative, selected debtor insurance for creditors, coupled with holistic credit risk mitigation
- Travel: comprehensive cover for cancellations, delays, baggage issues, medical emergencies and more
In addition, through ITOO Special Risks, we offer customised special risks and liability insurance in South Africa and throughout sub-Saharan Africa. We specialise in the following:
- Commercial crime
- Cyber liability
- Financial institutions crime and civil liability
- Blanket bankers’ bond and financial institutions’ liability
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Drone insurance (hull, payload and liability)
- Employment practice liability
- Environmental liability
- Events liability (once-off or annual)
- General/broadform liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Medical Malpractice
- Trustee liability
- Vets Medical Malpractice
Also falling under ITOO is Artinsure Underwriting Managers, which provides unique insurance covers for appreciating assets, including art, antiques, collectibles and classic cars.
And finally, Hollard Insure’s specialist underwriting management agencies offer a variety of niche insurance products:
- Chartered Auto Underwriting Agency: specialist car rental insurance
- Clarendon Transport Underwriting Managers: comprehensive taxi insurance for single vehicles and fleets
- Petsure: medical insurance products for cats, dogs and horses
- Tax Risk Underwriting Managers: covering income tax enquiries, VAT disputes, employee tax disputes and capital gains disputes
Hollard Insure is a division of Hollard Insurance | Underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Co. Ltd (Reg. No. 1952/003004/06), an authorised Financial Services Provider