The International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF) is pleased to announce that delegates at IFIF’s 32nd General Assembly unanimously re-elected Daniel Bercovici as IFIF chairperson for the 2020-2021 term of office.
Recognising Bercovici’s successful leadership since 2018 under which IFIF experienced strong growth in strategic projects and deeper relationships with international stakeholders, the company has attracted a range of new members from across the globe since Bercovici’s initial election.
The voice of the global feed industry
Bercovici, on accepting his second term as chairperson, thanked delegates for their trust, as well as “all IFIF members for their contributions to our success over the last two years, which strengthens IFIF as the voice of the global feed industry as an essential participant in the food chain that provides sustainable, safe, nutritious and affordable food for a growing world population.”
He added: “Through our efforts and partnerships, we have positively impacted the environmental footprint, international regulatory framework, efficiency and the image of our industry.
IFIF’s main goals
Looking ahead, we will continue our clear focus on IFIF’s three strategic pillars:
- Regulation to promote a balanced regulatory framework and support the dynamic pace of innovation.
- Sustainability with science-based standards to contribute to the measurement and management of the feed and livestock sector footprint.
- Education and best practices, including such key initiatives as IFIF’s e-learning feed safety programme as well as the International Feed Regulators Meeting (IFRM).
Bercovic added: “As we work together with our partners and stakeholders, IFIF will continue to champion science-based decisions, the need for continued innovation and better technologies, as well as regulatory convergence and free and fair trade.”
IFIF board of directors for 2020-2021
Delegates attending the IFIF 32nd Annual General Assembly also unanimously re-elected Dr Reinder Sijtsma as IFIF treasurer, and the following representatives and organisations to the IFIF board of directors for the 2020-2021 term:
• Luis Azevedo, executive director of business development, Novus International.
• Dr Daniel Bercovici, president, Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition Europe.
• Roberto Betancourt, president, Brazilian Feed Industry Association (Sindirações).
• Dr Michael Binder, director of sustainability development, Evonik Industries AG.
• De Wet Boshoff, executive director, Animal Feed Manufacturers’ Association (AFMA), South Africa.
• David Bray, chairperson, Stock Feed Manufacturers’ Council of Australia (SFMCA).
• Dr Frank Chmitelin, executive vice president of sales, Adisseo.
• Constance Cullman, president & CEO, American Feed Industry Association (AFIA).
• Melissa Dumont, executive director, Animal Nutrition Association of Canada (ANAC).
• Mike Goble, global managing director, Diamond V.
• Bruno Kaesler, managing director, Kaesler Nutrition GmbH.
• Nick Major, president, European Feed Manufacturers’ Federation (FEFAC).
• Dr Colm Moran, director of regulatory affairs, EMEA SA, Alltech.
• Dr Thomas Schroeder, senior vice president, Global Business Unit Animal Nutrition & Aroma Ingredients, BASF.
• Joerg Seifert, secretary general, EU Association of Specialty Feed Ingredients and their Mixtures (FEFANA).
• Jesse J Sevcik, vice president of global government affairs, Elanco Animal Health.
• Dr Reinder Sijtsma, director of government relations & regulatory affairs, Nutreco & IFIF Treasurer.
• Ruud Tijssens, group director of public & cooperative affairs, Royal Agrifirm Group.
• Enzo Trimigliozzi, vice president of ANH global strategic accounts, DSM Nutritional Products.
• Wang Zongli, secretary general, China Feed Industry Association (CFIA).
• Chuck Warta, president & group leader, Cargill Premix & Nutrition. – Press release, IFIF