On 1 June 2019, Corteva Agriscience finalised the separation from its parent holding company DowDuPont, to become a global agricultural company dedicated to seed, crop protection, and digital solutions. Corteva Agriscience is headquartered in the United States with sites in Casablanca (Morocco), Cairo (Egypt), Pretoria (South Africa), and Nairobi (Kenya).
The key purpose of Corteva Agriscience is to enrich the lives of both producers and consumers, ensuring progress for generations to come.
- Enrich lives: We commit to enhancing lives and the land.
- Stand tall: We are leaders and act boldly.
- Be curious: We innovate relentlessly.
- Build together: We grow by working with others.
- Be upstanding: We always do what’s right.
- Live safely: We embrace safety and the environment in all we do.
Creating one company
The headquarters for Africa Middle East is in Pretoria, South Africa, and includes the following key support functions: Research and development, supply chain, and sales and marketing capabilities. Sites in Casablanca, Nairobi and Cairo serve as head office and business centres for North, West and Central Africa, East Africa, and Egypt and the Middle East, respectively.
In Africa Middle East, Corteva Agriscience is bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer, Pannar Seed and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, stand-alone agricultural company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture.
Corteva Agriscience is a brand-new agricultural company with over 200 years’ experience. Built on the rich heritage of Dow Agrosciences, DuPont Crop Protection, Pioneer Hi-Bred and Pannar, we deliver innovative farmer-first solutions to maximise every hectare, enabling farmers to get the most out of every season. We will continue that great heritage and invest with the farmer in mind, building a future for generations to come.
As a focused, stand-alone agricultural company, Corteva Agriscience will be better positioned to offer a complete solution to help growers maximise yield and profitability. This includes a broad and balanced portfolio of seed products, including our flagship Pioneer® and Pannar seed brands, as well as trusted crop protection solutions and agricultural software solutions.
The company is growing agriculture by offering farmers superior solutions, expanded choice and greater value.
- Seed solutions: We sell seeds that make better food, including alfalfa, canola, cereals, corn, cotton, rice, silage inoculants, sorghum, soya beans, sunflowers and wheat.
- Crop protection solutions: We help farmers get higher yields by protecting crops and the environment, which is achieved by using herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, pasture and land management, seed applied technologies, urban pest management, turf and ornamental pest management.
- Digital services: We use data and analytics to make sure that next year is even better. This include software for growers to build and sustain stronger businesses by maximising yield with data-driven crop models, improving teamwork efficiency and communication, measuring profit down to the field-level and simplifying farmland research and transactions.
For more information, phone 012 683 5700 or visit www.corteva.co.za.