|Remuneration:||R15127 – R23438 per month negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Cellphone allowance, Pension/Umbrella Fund|
|Location:||Pretoria, Lyttelton, Centurion|
- Produce, write and publish new web content in a creative way.
- Actively search for and generate news and in-depth articles for web.
- Write web advertorials for web clients.
- Liaise with clients and in-house team members to decide on new posts.
- Attend and cover client and industry functions with a view to direct social media and web reporting.
- Oversee web layout (images, graphics, videos, and artwork).
- Basic video editing.
- Proofread and edit material linguistically and for accuracy.
- Manage company’s own social media as well as client campaigns.
- Ensure content is up to date.
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations.
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity.
- Keep track of developments in web technology.
- Ensure that web content meets the needs and interests of website visitors, and monitor visitor behaviour by reviewing website statistics.
- Work with other web professionals, such as web designers, developers, and webmasters to determine the best way to present information online.
- Upload content or provide material to online staff for uploading.
- Contact contributors to find out if material needs to be updated.
- Encourage contributors to supply new content to keep the website fresh for returning visitors.
- Check content for accuracy and ensure that it complies with copyright and privacy regulations.
Plaas Media is a Centurion-based company specialising in agricultural content across all media types – online, print, broadcast and event-based.
- Three to five years’ experience in an online/website/social media writing environment.
- Experience in agricultural media and writing will definitely be to your advantage.
- Excellent command of Afrikaans and English.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately edit, proofread and translate.
- Good management and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work and function in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must travel from time to time.
Please submit a short CV of no more than two to three pages to email@example.com
All applicants must be willing to undertake a practical test.
Only applicants meeting the job requirements need to apply.
If you have not received any reply within two weeks of having applied, please regard your application as unsuccessful.