In 2018, the Namibian meat industry wants to make the common vision drafted in 2016 a reality. The joint vision the industry seeks to make a reality is to provide quality products to the most viable markets. The combined vision for the Namibian meat industry is a strategy to bring a competitive edge to the sector. The plan of action to implement this vison is as follows:
- Improving animal health and welfare.
- Maintaining Mouth Disease free zones in the Northern Communal Areas.
- Improving hygiene and safety standards of food/animal origin.
- Creating a policy and institutional environment to increase production.
- Aligning production with consumer demands.
- Utilising slaughter capacity efficiently.
- Developing a value addition strategy.
The Namibian meat industry’s vison also aligns with the country’s visions and goals. – New Era