FarmBiz is a unique monthly magazine aimed at agribusinesses and top farmers. Once again enjoy a treasure of knowledge in the January 2018 edition of FarmBiz. The January edition focuses on human resources and labour relations. A legal advisor, Dominique van Deventer discusses the ins and outs of service contracts to maintain good labour relations. Learn more about the types of employment agreements, working hours, sick and maternity leave and recent changes in legislation.
Also look forward to articles on:
- The latest market research that shapes an image of the SA producer
- Land audit: Willing seller, willing buyer does work
- The effect of expropriation without compensation on food availability and affordability
- How food trends could drive production decisions
- How global investment in the food and agricultural value chain is distributed
- Food fortification to combat Zimbabwe’s hidden hunger
- Financial planning for a profitable 2018
- Orchard management and fertilisation of macadamias
- The state of the world’s fisheries and aquaculture
- Transformation in smallholder macadamia farming
- Adaption effort for a low carbon economy in South Africa
- Challenges and opportunities in African agricultural education and training
In the Farmlink section you can look forward to learning about the agro-processing of nuts and meet young entrepreneurs making waves in the nut industry. After learning more about the state of the world’s fisheries and aquaculture you can look forward to a creamy mussel soup, made of sustainably produced South African black mussels.
Keep an eye out for the magazine in selected retail stores or phone Beauty Mthombeni on 062 890 6941 to subscribe. Or SMS “Subscribe” and your phone number to 062 890 6941 and we will phone you back. FarmBiz is now also available as a digital magazine. Please click here to purchase the digital version of the January 2018 edition of FarmBiz.