With warmer weather comes more meals with salads. If you have missed having fresh salads this winter, why not try something completely new when you make your next salad as a main meal or a side dish. Tru Cape Fruit shared this apple and sausage salad with a lemon and herb dressing with Farm Fare. Tag TruCapeFruit on social media if you make the salad and want to share it with us. Also do not forget the hashtag #FarmFare and tag @AgriOrbit or @Farmbizmag. If necessary, swop out ingredients for what’s available to you.
Apple and sausage salad with lemon and herb dressing
250g new potatoes
15ml olive oil
500g chicken chipolata sausages
200g frozen Edamame beans
1 pillow packet of wild rocket
1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
3 Fuji apples, cored and sliced into wedges
125ml mint leaves
125g feta cheese, drained and cubed
100ml olive oil
60ml fresh lemon juice
5ml Dijon mustard
Small clove of garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
A small handful of fresh herbs, finely chopped (lemon thyme, dill and parsley)
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and then halve them.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the sausages until cooked, drain on paper towel and cut each one in half diagonally.
- Boil the Edamame beans in water for five minutes then drain. Remove the beans from the pod.
- Put the rocket into your serving dish and arrange all the ingredients on top.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
For the dressing combine all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine. – Press release, Tru Cape Fruit