It is customary for the National Wool Growers Association (NWGA) to recognise those shearing sheds and woolgrowers who have achieved outstanding results in developing their sheep project for increased wool income. During the annual NWGA congress earlier this month (June), five regional winners as well as an overall winner received the 2018 NWGA/Zoetis prestige awards. The following sheds were rewarded with regional prizes:
- Region 20: Old Dutywa shearing shed in Dutywa
- Region 21: Allenwaters shearing shed in Engcobo
- Region 23: Ludumo shearing shed in Dordrecht
- Region 24: Luzie shearing shed in Mount Fletcher
- Region 25: Wittebergen no. 2 shearing shed, Sterkspruit
Besides being a regional winner, Allenwaters was also elected as overall winner in the annual competition with a total index of 52 / 60, considering criteria relating to net income, bin bales, average bale mass, clean yield, auction indicator and kilogramme fleece.
Congratulations to Allenwaters who produce good quality sheep and are on the same level as commercial farmers.
The NWGA would like to thank Zoetis for their continued support and welcomes the extension of their partnership for the next three years. –NWGA press release